As you know, in Junior classes this month the instructors are focusing on healthy eating tips.
Here is a recap on the information provided in class. Parents are encouraged to follow-up at home.
Being fit means a person eats well, gets a lot of physical exercise and has a healthy weight. If you’re fit, your body works well, feels good, and can do all the things you want to do.
Some steps only parents can take — such as serving healthy meals or deciding to take the family on a walk. But you can take charge, too, when it comes to health.
1. Eat a variety of foods, especially fruits and vegetables. You may have a favourite food, but the best choice is to eat a variety. If you eat different foods, you’re more likely to get the nutrients your body needs. Taste new foods and old ones you haven’t tried for a while.
2. Drink water and milk most often. When you’re really thirsty, cold water is the No. 1 thirst-quencher.
You probably will want something other than milk or water once in a while, so it’s OK to have 100% juice, too. But try to limit sugary drinks. They contain a lot of added sugar. Sugar just adds calories, not important nutrients.
3. Listen to your body. What does it feel like to be full? When you’re eating, notice how your body feels and when your stomach feels comfortably full. Sometimes, people eat too much because they don’t notice when they need to stop eating.
4. Limit screen time: Try to spend no more than 2 hours a day on screen time.
5. Be active: One job you have as a kid — is that you get to figure out which activities you like best. In addition to your martial arts training what other activities do you do? Keeping active strengthens your heart and helps you concentrate on your school work
By training at KickFit Martial Arts Schools you are helping yourself to stay fit, healthy and strong as well as learn self-defence skills.